The RD-SDM02® system is a single-dosing and imaging system used to measure the Contact Angle of any liquid dropped on any flat surface in sessile drop mode and to measure advancing and receding drops.
It is useful primarily in the characterization of the chemical adhesion of liquids on the sample surface, and the estimation of the quality of different surface treatments on the sample.
Main features of the system:
- Single dosing system with one manual-dispense syringe.
- Sample table with manual height adjustment.
- Light source with manual-controlled light holder and diffuser for illumination intensity regulation.
- Camera with 640 × 480 pixel resolution and digital zoom (up to 5x) for photos and video-recording.
- Software for acquiring image (AMCAP) and measuring contact angle (ImageJ).
|Objective||5x digital zoom|
|Droplet size||Adjustable, 2 μL minimum|
|Syringe capacity||2 mL|
|Camera Digital||Microscope HD colour CMOS sensor|
|Light source||3W LED lamp|
|Sample table||110 x 90 mm (WxD)|
|Max. measurement area||75 x 75 mm (WxD)|
|Max. sample thickness||15 mm|
|Instrument dimension||440 x 160 x 170 mm (WxDxH)|
|Power supply||AC 100-240V 50/60Hz|